Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How I lost my pants

Packing and getting to London was crazy. This is about how we packed and my first day in London.

We packed like crazy. I had to run up and down stairs carrying stuff for my parents because they were busy on packing. Each of us got 3 suitcases. I got to take 2 suitcases for clothes and 1 for fun stuff like video games and books.

My teacher, Ms. Johnson, came to take me bowling because a snow storm made me miss the last day of school that we were going to have a party for me that day. I am really going to miss my friends and teacher.

We flew from Omaha to Cincinnati and from there to London. The first plane we took to Cincinnati, we got off on the tarmack which was pretty cool. On the flight to London we saw two movies. The first was City of Ember and the second was Wall-e. I stayed up to watch all of them until 1 a.m. and then slept until we got to London.

When we got to London we got off the plane and left most of our luggage at the airport in storage. We took two bags with London clothes and got on a train. I slept on that, too. After that, we walked from the train station to our hotel. When we got there, we took a nap in our PJ's. When we woke up, it was time to go to dinner and we put on new clothes. That's when I found out that my dad forgot to put any pants in my London suitcase. My dad is still wondering how he forgot to pack my pants in the London suitcase!

When we were walking to our hotel we walked past some red phone booths--just like in the Harry Potter movies. They are everywhere in London.

We went to dinner at our hotel and I got fish and chips. They were really good. In London, 'chips' are french fries. And, that's my first day in London. It doesn't seem real that I'm actually going to Africa, still.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tristan, I'm an old college classmate of your parents'. I loved your story, and I'm wondering, what are you doing for pants? Did you just wear your pj pants or did your dad run out and get you some good English duds? :)
Carolanne

myndi said...

Hey Tristan - hope you guys are having fun on your journey. I can't believe you're already gone. Sorry about your pants...parents are forgetful like that sometimes.

knot-head said...

Forgot your pants? That's quite a predicament! I hope the rest of your London trip was better.

Mrs. Peterson