Sunday, April 26, 2009

My favorite parts of our trip to Kunene

We went to Kunene, a region in northwest Namibia, on a vacation with a student from Polytechnic, named Uapii. We were going to Uapii's farm, and these are my favorite pictures from the trip.


These are some rocks that a guy was selling near the first stop of our trip at Brandberg. He got them from a mountain nearby.



This is me holding a baby sheep at Uapii's farm. It is the farm where his brother watches the sheep and goats and cows.


This is me on top of the hill by our first campsite. It was very easy to get up there because you can't see it in the picture, but the edge on the right goes down to the ground and you can just walk up.



This is me by a sign that is not usually found in Nebraska. We saw elephants later in the day.


This is a big lizard that I found at our third campsite at Palmvag. It is some species of girdled lizard. I was the first one to spot it and stood still while I took its picture for a long time. I think it was a model!


This is me riding a donkey at Uapii's home farm. It was fun, but very hard to get up on it.


Uapii and me holding goat meat that we are about to cook. For bringing Uapii back to his home farm, his family for a gift decided to kill a goat for us, and that's how we got the meat. It was the first time I saw an animal butchered, except for helping my dad with deer and birds.


The swimming hole at Uapii's farm. We are about to go back to Windhoek. It was about 6 feet deep in a stream that was very clear and had about 5 turtles in it.


This is the very big view from our last lodge that we stayed in. I took about 20 pictures of it. I liked it because it was very big. It was at Grootberg Lodge.


A mountain wheatear at Grootberg Lodge. It was outside our cabin, and Dad and I were sitting on the porch. It flew up on the railing, and I had the camera with me and I took a picture of it.

These are my most favorite pictures of our trip. I hope you enjoyed it. I thought it was very fun, and I would like to do it again.

3 comments:

Becky Anthony said...

Hi Tristan- I just wanted to thank you for your blogs and for all the cool pictures you are in on your family blog. My students have really liked watching you in Namibia--I think it has made the country more real to them- especially when they see just a regular guy from the U.S. climbing around on sand dunes and holding a goat-- I hope your arm gets better soon- be careful out there--Becky Anthony

knot-head said...

Great pictures!

Unknown said...

yo tristan its me gabe i am so happy to talk to you again we just had the talent show it was so cool and alex was the mc. do you still have a runescape account?if you do what level are you? man i cant wait till you come home lefler is so cool.do you have an email account what is it your pictures were so cool to i wish i could go on that sand dune hope your having fun write me back k my email is iceblade10@gmail.com write me soon your friend gabe